Note: I read all comments and respond to most. --- New posts every 10 to 15 days...except when life decides to get in my way by dropping a log into my pond.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Cohen Brothers Couldn't Have Scripted It Any Better

Note: Found this in my unpublished archives from 2 years ago --title included -- and thought it would be fun just to post my notes "as is"...Ho-Ho-Ho.

...we were fighting a series of events (catastrophes, disasters, tragedies...the usual stuff) - Christmas Eve Day - basement floods (Shirley's carpeted bedroom);

_early next day - kitchen floods (during prep of Christmas dinner), pipe falls apart, can't use sink, guest arrives (room in basement); 

_drank wine, ate dinner, drank more wine, dessert(s);

_next day - basement floods (again!?), Silver Grill for breakfast, still went to True Grit (escape!), say goodbye to guest, can't do dishes;

_next day, Monday - call plumber early, go to showroom to pick out new faucet, talk to plumber, kitchen out of commission until Thursday...

_and...I just came down with a little head cold, the sore throat kind. Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas.

_trying to figure out how to write all this with a humorous slant for my blog. I don't think I'm there yet.


No comments: