Note: I read all comments and respond to most. --- New posts every 10 to 15 days...except when life decides to get in my way by dropping a log into my pond.

Friday, April 15, 2011

"M" is for Moose-face!

Note: Okay...this is a re-post, as some followers might have noticed. I have tweaked it ever so slightly to post it in the A to Z challenge, because I believe it's worth revisiting. I trust you'll enjoy it as much as I.

My husband and I had this happen in the first year of our marriage... about 25 years ago. I could swear he called me -- right out of the blue -- a moose-face

When I exclaimed, "What d'ya mean, I'm a moose-face!!" he couldn't figure out why I (that's right, I was supposed to be the culprit now) -- why I suddenly brought up the word moose-face.

"Moose-face?" he retorted, "Why'd you call me a moose-face!"

Quickly and vehemently I replied, "I didn't call you a moose-face! You're the one who called *me* one!!"

He yelled, "When did I ever call YOU a moose-face?!!"

Shocked at his question, I shouted back at him, "Just now!"

In disbelief he cried out, "I was only repeating what YOU said!"

It soon was like the old Abbott and Costello routine Who's on first? -- only with mega-volume, in a car parked next to a public park, and quite late at night.

But, in only a matter of another minute or two, we had completely stopped arguing and had begun to laugh sooo hard we were both crying -- trying desperately to catch our breaths. To this day, when that word pops up in conversation, we end up nearly ROFLOAO, even as do our friends who've heard us tell the story many times.

We never did figure out what word he actually said that night. It didn't seem to matter anymore. Funny how it often works out that way. And, we still cannot -- for the life of us -- recall what we were even arguing about in the first place. Does it matter?

It's nice, though, to remind myself of these things, because humor is good for the soul. It somehow relieves pressure and makes life a lot more worth living :~)

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..."  ~Proverbs 17:22a

6 comments:

Tea said...

Too funny. This is the funniest one I've read in the whole challenge so far.

teakettle58(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

Tea ~
That's one of the nicest things I could've heard right now...timely.

Thanks for stopping by :~)

Kathy

Dafeenah said...

I am still stuck on how it is you manage to have this word just pop up in random conversations? This happens between me and my husband a lot. I often tend to speak very fast and you need a translator to decipher the encrypted messages that leave my mouth.

Unknown said...

Dafeenah ~
Moose-face has become a generic reference, commonly understood among those who know us. We'll be out for the evening and someone's trying to think of the right word...someone else says: moose-face...all crack up. Or, someone says, "just like the time..." and another replies "oh! I get it. Like a moose-face!"

Kathy

Sylvia Ney said...

I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I'm enjoying reading through your blog. I look forward to returning and reading more from you.

Unknown said...

Sylvia ~
Glad to hear it!

Thanks,
Kathy